TERMS & CONDITIONS
To ensure the cat hotel at Blakehurst Vet exceeds best practice, booking with us means you will be agreeing to the following terms and conditions:PLEASE BE SURE OF YOUR DATES BEFORE YOU BOOK & PLEASE BE AWARE OF OUR T&Cs. DEPOSITS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES.
A 20% non-refundable deposit is required on booking. Balance to be paid on check-in. In peak periods you may be asked to pay in full at least one month before booked dates. No refunds will be issued for either amount. Once you’ve paid your deposit, if you decide to cancel, check-in on a later date or collect your pet earlier than the booked days, no refunds will be issued regardless of the circumstances.
- Our vets & nurses work tirelessly to ensure your pet has a great holiday and is treated with love, respect and dignity at all times. We ask you to return the favour by being courteous in your dealings with our staff. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel bookings.
- All guests must be up to date with yearly vaccinations. We will call your vet to confirm date of last vaccination. Please contact us if you would like your pet to be vaccinated on check-in, an isolation period in our hospital may apply.
- During peak periods, minimum stays apply.
- Check-out time is before 10am. If you cannot collect your pet before 10am, your pet will be moved to another area to allow their suite to be prepared for the next guest. If you have not collected your pet by 12pm, a $25 day boarding charge will apply. If you have not collected your pet by the time our clinic has closed, you will be charged an extra night’s boarding. If you know in advance that your check out time is past 10am and you would like your pet to stay in their room, please book an extra night. Check-in is at 11am. If you arrive before 11am and your pet’s suite is not ready, your pet will be housed in the vet until either 11am or until the suite is ready, whichever is earlier. There is no check in or check out on Sundays or public holidays.
- To ensure safe social distancing protocols are adhered to, our lovely nurses will check your pet into their individual room once you’ve left for your break. No human “owners” are permitted in the hotel.
- NSW public holidays will incur a $10 per guest surcharge.
- FIV and/or FELV positive cats are not permitted to stay.
- If your pet requires medication to be administered during their stay, the cost is $5 per day for our staff to administer medication. ALL MEDICATIONS MUST HAVE A VET PRESCRIPTION LABEL. We can only administer medications if we are certain of the prescribed dosage. Occasionally, we are unable to administer medication due to a pet being aggressive or overly stressed. In this instance, you will be notified.
- A flea treatment must be applied on day of admission. You may bring your flea product to us and we will apply it (free of charge) or you may buy a treatment from us. We sell Bravecto and Nexgard. Please note that we do not accept supermarket-bought flea treatments and our nurse must apply the treatment. This keeps our hotel flea-free.
- If fleas are found on your pet during their stay, a Capstar flea tablet will be administered and the cost will be added to your account.
- If your dog shows aggression towards humans or other dogs or is overly anxious, you will be called and asked to collect you dog.
- Siblings staying in the same room will be charged at $20 per sibling per day for cats on top of the first guest room charge. For dogs, this cost is $50.
- A minimum booking period applies throughout the year and may increase in peak periods like school holidays. You may be asked to pay in full for peak periods.
- If it is necessary for a guest to have veterinary attention, owners are liable for all expenses.
- In the event of serious illness and the owner cannot be contacted, the veterinary surgeon’s decision will be final.
- Boarding fees and terms are subject to change without notice.
- No responsibility will be accepted for loss of personal property e.g. collars, bedding etc.
- Undesexed males unfortunately cannot stay at the hotel.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking for any reason.
- Photos of your pet may be posted on Blakehurst Vet social media accounts and/or website during or after their stay.